As a nonprofit ourselves, we know it is hard and stressful to launch a new website redesign. Use this checklist to ensure your website redesign is ready for prime time!
- Your mission statement is clear and located on the header of the home page. No scroll needed to find it.
- You highlight the impact donors will have to your organization and how you will use their donation.
- Secondary audiences like volunteers or candidates should be able to easily navigate to the pages they are looking for.
- You’ve broken down your programs and services. If there are more than 2, you’ve listed them as individual pages to avoid clutter.
- Your nonprofit website should look clean and modern. This means lots of space between images and text. Refrain from an overload of boxed content and images.
- Content is simple and easy to understand.
- The donation button is above the fold on the home page, and on the navigation of every page across your site.
- There is an option to request a monthly donation on your donation form.
- Your forms are short, and don’t have unnecessary fields. (The more you ask the less likely it is they will fill it out.
- Every page has a unique title, a meta description, and is optimized for keyword usage.
- Optimize your images with descriptive “alt” tags, and are high resolution.
- There is a sitemap for your website, allowing Google to easily crawl and index it.
- Your site meets accessibility guidelines
- You have social icons that go to the correct pages.
- Blogs are easily shared, and share links populate with the right image and content.
- Your site is typo free with no broken links
- Your website is mobile responsive.
- Combine the announcement with a donation campaign.
- Announce your new site via email and across social media to your followers and past donors.
- Show off the new you in meetings and conferences.
- Encourage your board members and advocates to help spread the word. Send them an email with potential social and email copy they can use.
- Set up a monthly sync with key stakeholders to review the website performance and new content ideas.
We hope you find this checklist helpful! We offer website redesign services for a wide range of budgets and organizations of all sizes. If you would like help on your next redesign, contact us at email@example.com. We build mobile and web apps, too! Visit our portfolio at anniecannons.org/portfolio.
Here’s the full checklist: