Job Available – Internship Program Manager
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
- The position is exempt, eligible for paid time off, and eligible for medical and other benefits.
- The Developer Internship Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs.
- This position is remote. AnnieCannons is based out of the Oakland, CA area with no physical office at this time due to the pandemic, but will be seeking new office space in the Oakland area in the future.
- It is a 12-month position, with the possibility of extensions.
AnnieCannons (AC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to training survivors of human trafficking and gender-based violence to be software engineers, giving them both the economic and technological empowerment to support themselves and their families.
AnnieCannons’ employees are its greatest asset. They tackle one of the world’s most vexing challenges – preventing human trafficking and empowering its survivors – with passion, grit and tremendous empathy. AnnieCannons seeks and retains people who are not only devoted to this hard and important work, but who thrive on swiftly developing and embracing cutting-edge, proven methods to assist survivors. In that way, we combine the nimbleness and pace of a start-up with the mission and values of a non-profit. The work is demanding, the staff are capable, and the rewards are profound.
AnnieCannons is seeking a capable and experienced program manager to launch, manage and improve our Developer Internship Program. Our Developer Internship Program is a 6-month program for the recent graduates of our AnnieCannons Training Program. The developer internship allows our graduates access to on-the-job experience as software engineers in our DevShop. Alongside working with our team to develop custom software projects, our developer interns will also be attending workshops and meeting with mentors to develop their professional skills, career plans, resumes, and interviewing skills.
The Developer Internship Manager will help to coordinate the day-to-day, non-technical work of the developer interns, organize and launch workshops, and work directly with other team members to grow partnerships with technology companies interested in hiring our graduates.
This position is external facing and will require you to take meetings with third parties and individuals outside of AnnieCannons. AnnieCannons’ team members are free to use any name, handle, or pseudonym but your likeness and your name/handle/pseudonym may be revealed to outside parties in voice/image/video/written or other forms. Additionally, AnnieCannons frequently promotes the fact that many of our staff members are survivors and graduates of our program when conveying information about our organization to the public. Therefore, people outside of AnnieCannons might assume you are a survivor, whether you are or not. Please be sure you are comfortable with this before applying.
- This position comprises three parts: developer intern management, program and workshop management, partnership development.
Developer Intern Management
- Conduct weekly check-ins with interns on progress. Get to know interns individually to understand their interests and goals.
- In partnership with the Product and Engineering Teams, provide schedules and work plans for interns.
- In partnership with the Career Development Coordinator, provide interns with individualized mentoring and job coaching designed to foster success in the internship and long-term career planning.
- Provide detailed and timely feedback regarding participation in DevShop work and professional development workshops and the quality of work that was performed at the internship
Program and Workshop Management
- Organize and execute professional development workshops for AnnieCannons interns, on a set schedule.
- Manage the AnnieCannons mentorship program.
- Implement work plans and ensure regular tracking and reporting of activities with all relevant program team members for the developer internship program.
- Work with Directors of Institutional Partnerships and Programs to communicate key program updates, results and external communication points for donor cultivation and communications, including as content contributor and reviewer on donor newsletters, fundraising campaigns and appeals, social media, etc.
- Support collection and documentation of program success stories, case studies, etc. to share the impact of AnnieCannons’ programs more widely.
- Review and update training survey tools to effectively measure and report impact of our program, and make results-based decisions for programmatic improvement.
- In partnership with the CEO and Director of Institutional Partnerships, identify, cultivate and build strategic partnerships to grow the quality and scope of our program activities.
- Identify and work with AnnieCannons partners recruiters to coordinate hiring opportunities (direct employment and apprenticeship/external internships) for graduates.
- Demonstrated ability to partner well with marginalized populations is mandatory. This can be demonstrated through professional or volunteer roles, or life experience.
- Prior experience managing education, training and/or workforce development programs required”, 3-5 years of demonstrable experience
- Compassion and a genuine ability to invest in the success of all trainees and graduates.
- Extraordinarily well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple, rapidly changing assignments.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy to interact with a wide array of external and internal constituencies.
- Ability to initiate and sustain multiple, crucial relationships with external, organizational partners.
- Ability to document complex processes and enable them to be easily replicable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to produce materials to be used for presenting AnnieCannons to external partners.
- Ability and desire to take the lead in creating a professional and warm work environment.
- Ability to take unguided responsibility for routine work.
- Full proficiency with the Google Suite of platforms, Slack, Zoom and Loom
- Experience working with survivors of trafficking and/or gender-based violence is strongly preferred.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please respond to this question:
- AnnieCannons is dedicated to transforming survivors of human trafficking and gender-based violence into software engineers. Why are you interested in working with our organization and in this role, in particular?
PLEASE BE AWARE: AnnieCannons’ policy on the employment of related persons requires job applicants to disclose if they are related to a current AnnieCannons employee. Any misrepresentation or omission may result in the applicant being disqualified from further consideration or dismissed from employment if discovered after a hiring decision has been made. Please see a summary of the AnnieCannons policy below, and a definition of “related persons.”
AnnieCannons requires that all job applicants and staff members be judged solely on the basis of their qualifications, without any possibility or appearance of favoritism or other inequitable interference, if the applicant or employee is related to AnnieCannons stakeholders or has other close personal relationships with AnnieCannons stakeholders.
To avoid actual favoritism or conflicts of interest, and the perception of either, AnnieCannons governs the job application processes and the employment of people related to or holding close personal relationships to AnnieCannons staff members, board members, donors, or other AnnieCannons stakeholders pursuant to the provisions of this policy.
For the purposes of this policy, “related persons” include: Children, wards, parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, first cousins, grandchildren, the “step” versions of all of the preceding, parents-in-law, children-in-law, siblings-in-law, spouses, domestic partners, intimate partners and people living in the same household.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AnnieCannons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and seek diversity and are committed to supporting an inclusive and respectful environment for all. Individuals who have experience with human trafficking, exploitation, substance use or are people of color, marginalized genders, or members of LGBTQIA+ communities, or people who have experienced housing or food insecurity, are strongly encouraged to apply.